Sign in to follow this  
Auriya

(SOLVED) [DirectX] hWnd and Direct3D problem

Auriya    122
Hello everyone! I've been at this for almost 2 days now, trying every possible way I could think of but couldn't find a way to get it to work, so I thought I'd post this before going to bed and hopefully able to finish it tomorrow.. I post this in the beginner area because I'm almost totally new to DirectX, I have a lot of experience when it comes to SDL but well, that doesn't really apply to DirectX much.. I'm trying to make a DirectX version of my game wrapper I made on OSX using SDL, but things aren't going as smooth as I hoped, actually they do but there is a small problem that's been bugging me. I love working in classes and love clean code even more, so I try to keep things in classes as much as possible.. Like the initialization of DirectX's hWnd and wc.. The moment I put those in Core.h/.cpp the graphics module using Direct3D9 refuses to work and crashes.. I can try to explain but I know i'd only make it more complicated.. So I included the full source and hope someone could perhaps take a look at it.. Here's the link; http://rapidshare.com/files/156319610/DirectInput.rar.html The main focus goes to main.cpp, globals.h/cpp and core.h/cpp I'd be very happy to hear how I could improve, do things better or how I should have done things. Looking for ways to greatly improve my way of working.. :) Thanks in advance everyone, ~Auriya (If you need more info, please do tell me and I'll reply as soon as I'm awake!)Hello everyone! I've been at this for almost 2 days now, trying every possible way I could think of but couldn't find a way to get it to work, so I thought I'd post this before going to bed and hopefully able to finish it tomorrow.. I post this in the beginner area because I'm almost totally new to DirectX, I have a lot of experience when it comes to SDL but well, that doesn't really apply to DirectX much.. I'm trying to make a DirectX version of my game wrapper I made on OSX using SDL, but things aren't going as smooth as I hoped, actually they do but there is a small problem that's been bugging me. I love working in classes and love clean code even more, so I try to keep things in classes as much as possible.. Like the initialization of DirectX's hWnd and wc.. The moment I put those in Core.h/.cpp the graphics module using Direct3D9 refuses to work and crashes.. I can try to explain but I know i'd only make it more complicated.. So I included the full source and hope someone could perhaps take a look at it.. Here's the link; http://rapidshare.com/files/156319610/DirectInput.rar.html The main focus goes to main.cpp, globals.h/cpp and core.h/cpp I'd be very happy to hear how I could improve, do things better or how I should have done things. Looking for ways to greatly improve my way of working.. :) Thanks in advance everyone, ~Auriya (If you need more info, please do tell me and I'll reply as soon as I'm awake!) EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it.. What I did wrong was to give "wc.lpszClassName" as well as "CreateWindowEx()"'s second parameter a different LPCTSTR while both had to be the exact same.. Can't believe I overlooked that.. Thanks anyway all :) [Edited by - Auriya on October 22, 2008 11:30:52 AM]