Sign in to follow this  
Mscottkc

Hey, Ideas for programming 2, final project

Mscottkc    122
Hey Everyone, I am trying to come up with ideas for a good final project to do for my programming class, I would like to design a simple game(a pong clone, or mario clone). Just something simple. But I have no idea on how to begin or anything. Any suggestions/ ideas would be helpful. Mscottkc

3shirtlessmen    169
Hey there,

What are your requirements? What language? What have you done already? Posting those here will help out a bit.

Also, just a heads up, technically we cannot help with 'homework' posts, but if this is an ideas thread then I suppose I can assist.

If you`re interested in building games, if you want, could write your own basic game library, but I'm assuming that your professor wants a finished piece of work, so getting in touch with someone who knows some of the popular game APIs (depends on the langauge) can help you greatly.

c4c0d3m0n    100
Also, Pong and Mario are nowhere near the same league. Pong is simple indeed. Mario requires a lot more work (more/better graphics, level design, level loading/saving, scrolling, enemies, multiple stages)