Sign in to follow this  

[Solved] OpenGL game project

This topic is 3339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have to make a project for faculty. The project has to be a game made with OpenGL, so I chose to make a game similar to Ballance, because I think it isn't that hard. No animations, no AI, just some physics, collision detection and pretty graphics to compensate for the simplicity. I'm a beginner in OpenGL programming so I want to use this thread for help during the game development. Since fixed function pipeline is obsolete, I want to make everything I can with shaders, using GLSL. So far, I managed to texture a teapot using GLSL, but I don't know how to texture more than one object: Image As you can see only the teapot is textured. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the relevant code: The main() function which is also the initialization function: glutDisplayFunc(renderScene); glutIdleFunc(renderScene); glutReshapeFunc(changeSize); glutKeyboardFunc(processNormalKeys); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); glClearColor(0.0f, 0.7f, 0.8f, 1.0f); loadBitmap("Data/reaper.bmp", texture[0]); glewInit(); setShaders(); glutMainLoop(); ----------------------------------------------------------------------- The loadBitmap() function: void loadBitmap(LPTSTR szFileName, GLuint &texid) { HBITMAP hBMP; BITMAP BMP; glGenTextures(1, &texid); hBMP = (HBITMAP) LoadImage(GetModuleHandle(NULL), szFileName, IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_CREATEDIBSECTION | LR_LOADFROMFILE ); GetObject(hBMP, sizeof(BMP), &BMP); glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 4); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texid); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, BMP.bmWidth, BMP.bmHeight, 0, GL_BGR_EXT, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, BMP.bmBits); DeleteObject(hBMP); } ------------------------------------------------------------------------- The renderScene() function: void renderScene(void) { glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); gluLookAt(0.0f, 2.0f, 5.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glTranslatef(-1.3f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glRotatef(a, 0, 1, 0); glutSolidTeapot(1); glLoadIdentity(); gluLookAt(0.0f, 2.0f, 5.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glTranslatef(1.3f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glRotatef(-a, 0, 1, 0); glutSolidCube(1); a += 0.5f; glutSwapBuffers(); } ------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Vertex Shader: void main() { gl_Position = ftransform(); gl_TexCoord[0] = gl_MultiTexCoord0; } --------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Fragment Shader: uniform sampler2D tex; void main() { gl_FragColor = texture2D(tex, gl_TexCoord[0]); } --------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've searched the internet for answers but the solutions found are like pieces of puzzle to me. My questions are: 1. Do I have to use different shaders for different objects? 2. Do I have to use samplers? If so, in what function do I put the code? 3. How do I create another texture? glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); glClearColor(0.0f, 0.7f, 0.8f, 1.0f); loadBitmap("Data/reaper.bmp", texture[0]); loadBitmap("Data/leaves.bmp", texture[1]); Is this correct? I know that is a long post and the questions are stupid but I spent a whole day trying to figure this out and got nothing. [Edited by - Florin Cazan on October 22, 2008 4:40:03 AM]

This topic is 3339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.