Sign in to follow this  
philderbeast

when your you want to join a team

philderbeast    122
ok I'm working on my own mmo project and wondering how far I should go before I start looking for help. it's my first project so I'm happy to do most of it myself but was wondering at what stage would people around here start to look at it as a this will launch type of project. at this stage I'm looking at waiting till i have my alpha tech demo (so all basic features working just needs debugging) any suggestions.

Kylotan    9881
Are you basically asking, "how much work do I need to do before I am taken seriously and people will consider joining?"

I think that's a decent question to ask. I'm not sure anybody can give you a concrete answer except "the more, the better" though. Possibly a more useful answer would be to do as much as you can to demonstrate what you will bring to the project, whether that be a prototype of your great idea, an example of your competent network programming, mockups of all your artwork, etc. If you can prove your worth with something concrete, you are already in the top 30% or 40% of all people who want to start their own MMO.