Sign in to follow this  

DialogBoxIndirectParam problem

This topic is 3339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello all I have problem with DialogBoxIndirectParam win api function. It hangs forever, it never returns, and I gives me very busy CPU. What could possibly be the problem ? thanks

well I can't tell for sure. I am stepping through the code , and as I'm stepping I can see in the callstack the corresponding functions, but when I get to DialogBoxIndirectParam and hit F10 the callstack dissapiar and the debuger status is running. I can't go on from that point with stepping. so I assume that the program stucks somewhere inside DialogBoxIndirectParam.

The code in which is DialogBoxInderectParam is packed in plugin dll .The application that uses the dll hangs forever or give me blue screen. When i get stack trace of the application with process explorer I get the following functions

ntkrnlpa.exe!KiSwapContext
ntkrnlpa.exe!KiSwapThread
ntkrnlpa.exe!KeWaitForSingleObject
ntkrnlpa.exe!KisuspendThread
ntkrnlpa.exe!KiDeliverApc
hal.dll!HalpApcInterrupt
ntkrnlpa.exe!KiFastCallEntry
ntdll.dll!KiFastsystemCallRet
ntdll.dll!ZwYieldExecution
kernel32.dll!SwitchToThread
nvoglnt.dll!DllMain
nvoglnt.dll!DrvCopyContext
user32.dll!DispatchHookA

any idea ?

[Edited by - elih1 on October 22, 2008 9:27:43 AM]

Quote:
Original post by elih1
well I can't tell for sure. I am stepping through the code , and as I'm stepping I can see in the callstack the corresponding functions, but when I get to DialogBoxIndirectParam and hit F10 the callstack dissapiar and the debuger status is running. I can't go on from that point with stepping. so I assume that the program stucks somewhere inside DialogBoxIndirectParam.
what to do
You can break to the debugger at any time (I don't have visual studio to hand to check what key it is); that'll give you a call stack of what the app is doing, and you can look at that and see if it's in a system call, in your dialog proc, etc.
I'd put a breakpoint in your dialog proc too, so you can see if it's ever called. if it isn't, then the problem is likely with one or more of the parameters passed to DialogBoxIndirectParam, and if it is called, then the problem is likely in your handling of the dialog proc.

This topic is 3339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.