Visual Studio Code Definition window problem!

Started by
1 comment, last by spookycat 15 years, 5 months ago
Hi There Iam using Visual Studio 2008 professional sp1 on a C++ project and I noticed that some times the code definition window was showing correct results and others it would show nothing at all, looking harder it seems it just doesnt work when you click say a class name in a .cpp file that isnt in the main project directory. The class browser etc all work fine and if I right click the same class in the Class browser and goto the definition the window shows the correct result but no go for normal clicking in the source window. Do I have something set wrong? Is this a known issue? Does anyone else have the same problem or is it unique to my install? Many thanks Chris
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by spookycat
...it seems it just doesnt work when you click say a class name in a .cpp file that isnt in the main project directory.

If the file isn't in the project, Intellisense won't scan it. However, it should scan anything that is in your Project, whether it's in the main folder or a subfolder.

In large projects, Intellisense will take a minute or two to scan all of your CPP and header files whenever you first start Visual Studio.

If you're using the "Makefile" project type, then you need to go into the project settings, NMake, and add some #include search paths for the intellisense scanner.
Thankyou for your thoughts. Everything has been added to the project, intellisense is up to date as it does all the other things intellisense does, ie member suggestion and all that, it purely is anything that is in a subdirectory will not show up in the Code Definition window.

Does anyone else see this or is it just my box.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement