Sign in to follow this  

Mobile Augmented Reality coding, my impression

This topic is 3336 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I’ve finished porting my AR Game prototype to Symbian 9.* (Nokia N95 and like). OK, what have I learned ? 1. 300+ Mhz CPU is quite enough for multimarker-tracking based AR. 2. Floating point and fixed point calculations. First version was for Symbian 7.0s, without hardware floating point support, so I tried to make exposure to floating point minimal. As result, on the Nokia N95, which have floating point (VFP) I don’t see any difference in performance between software floating point version and hardware floating point. 3. Symbian platform fragmentation. It bad. 4. Use optimization ! performance difference between O3 and no optimization is huge.(I use GCCE compiler) or you can read it here. blog posts [Edited by - serg3d on October 29, 2008 12:29:02 AM]

This topic is 3336 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.