how to use Direct3D improve display effect?

Started by
6 comments, last by strongpan 15 years, 5 months ago
In order to make sure my game will get a better performance,i try to write a tool which will adjust some parameters .These parameters, for example include : Anti-Aliasing ,Maximum pre-rendered frames,Anisotropic Filtering , and Texture filtering – Quality. But i don't know how to make my adjustment take global effect, so I do hope if you can help me on my topic... show me the basic process logic ... many thanks...
Advertisement
What do you mean take global effect? All D3D settings stay that way until you change them. If your code requires some states to be changed during rendering, then you'll have to implement some sort of push / pop method for render states.
ok,
for example,if i start a game A, with anti-aliasing set to D3DMULTISAMPLE_2_SAMPLES, while after that I start another game B with
Anti-aliasing set to D3DMULTISAMPLE_8_SAMPLES.

SO, maybe game A and B will run on their own way with self-defined parameters,
what I want, a global effect, is try to make A and B use the same parameter which I set as global-effect.

Maybe my program will tell ati- or nvidia- driver to set these parameters as default, both A and B game will benefit.

Can I make these come true and how??
Quote:Original post by strongpan
ok,
for example,if i start a game A, with anti-aliasing set to D3DMULTISAMPLE_2_SAMPLES, while after that I start another game B with
Anti-aliasing set to D3DMULTISAMPLE_8_SAMPLES.

SO, maybe game A and B will run on their own way with self-defined parameters,
what I want, a global effect, is try to make A and B use the same parameter which I set as global-effect.

Maybe my program will tell ati- or nvidia- driver to set these parameters as default, both A and B game will benefit.

Can I make these come true and how??
Oh, so you want to affect other applications? You'll need to hook the application and redirect requests for multisampling, although that may not work on applications that don't currently have multisampling enabled.

The only way you can reliably do it is by somehow using any overrides in the control panel, but it's not going to be reliable and is going to be very difficult to do.

However - why do you want to do this? Why not just change the settings in each game?
Why do you want to do it? why not use the nvidia or ati control panel?

For example in nvidia control panel, you can set the anti-aliased option to 8x instead of Application Control. That way, I think nvidia cards will try to force out a 8x multisample when possible.
Yes, that's what I really want to do: Try to "affect other applications" in your(Evil Steve) words.

Also as Littlekid said nvidia cards CAN DO, so Why cann't I do that job? Cause I want to do more job on this ,and try to do better...

What do you mean by :"The only way you can reliably do it is by somehow using any overrides in the control panel":, How you can I overrides in the control panel ? and how can I "hook the application and redirect requests for multisampling"?

So , EXPERT! Please show me the way ...
Quote:Original post by strongpan
Yes, that's what I really want to do: Try to "affect other applications" in your(Evil Steve) words.

Also as Littlekid said nvidia cards CAN DO, so Why cann't I do that job? Cause I want to do more job on this ,and try to do better...

What do you mean by :"The only way you can reliably do it is by somehow using any overrides in the control panel":, How you can I overrides in the control panel ? and how can I "hook the application and redirect requests for multisampling"?

So , EXPERT! Please show me the way ...
The driver operates at a lower level than the application, so it has a lot more control over things than the application does.

What you CAN do however, is find out what registry settings the control panel changes, and update them whenever you want. I doubt you'll be able to do more than the control panel lets you already though, there'd be no reason to restrict it really.
Thanks for all!
I will try...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement