Sign in to follow this  
tokeiro

OpenGL OpenGL GPU usage

Hi everyone. I had made an ActiveX that decodes MPEG4 streams and then render the decode images with OpenGL. I use textures without mipmaps. Then i create an aplication that creates 4 instances of the previous ActiveX to decode in real time 4 diferents streams. Everything works fine but I have a problem with CPU usage of the application. I have a graphics card NVIDIA Quatro NVS440 with 2 monitors. If I configure the graphics card on "Dual Monitor" mode, my application uses about 70% of CPU. But if I configure my graphics card on "Single Monitor" or "Extended Monitor" mode, the cpu usage of my application goes to 10%. It seems like a bug on graphics card driver...I try to upgrade the drivers of graphics card but it´s the same thing. Does anyone knows why this happens?? OpenGL has a funcionality to deal with that situation? What could I do to have the same cpu usage on "Dual Monitor" mode as "Single or Extended Monitor" mode ?? Thanks in advance.

I have similar problem too. I think "dual monitors" is not supported very well. By the way, window media player also have problem when using "dual monitors".

It seems like on "Dual Display" mode the accelareted hardware of graphics card does not do anything.
Is there any application that could give me the usage of GPU in real time of my application?

ma_hty how did you solve that issue??

Thanks in advance.