making a MUD with ssh

Started by
1 comment, last by evillive2 15 years, 5 months ago
I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction on how to make a MUD with ssh. I was hoping to be able to use a ssh library to handle all the communications. My only experience with ssh is logging in to a bash shell. I s there a way for the input/output between the server/client. I tried looking but have came up empty so far. I was hoping for a library that I can pass output to and get input from. Are there any MUDs around that use ssh? Any ideas?
Advertisement
Hi merc808,

Couldn't you add a line to the ~/.bash_profile file of an arbitrary user to execute the program on login? Using this methodology, a user would login as usual using an ssh client and would automatically run the mud application upon successful login.

There is a slight security risk using this method. I would recommend that you setup a new user with restricted privileges and configure using 'chroot'. Not sure how many clients sshd can handle either.

I reckon this would be your best bet...

Regards,

GCS584
I would actually look at port forwarding instead and let your ssh server do the work of encrypting/decrypting.
Evillive2

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement