Rate my 2d logo #Updated#

Started by
8 comments, last by PaperCut 15 years, 5 months ago
Hey all, Can you rate my logo, Here Thanks, DanWard EDIT: Logo changed and text fixed [Edited by - DanWard on October 26, 2008 2:29:12 AM]
Advertisement
'Comming' has one M ;)

The red circle seems to have a bit of work done - it's shiny, has a beveled border and looks professional, however the lettering looks too plain, as if you found a nice red circle on Google Images and threw in the lettering with MS Paint.

The text in the buttons here is slightly indented around the edges, making it look part of the button. The text is also under the effects of the gloss look too, it looks like it all fits together.

Maybe lose the blurred reflection and go for a more subtle drop shadow instead?

Otherwise, looking fine.

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

Yeah with the circle I made it in Photo Shop CS3 Ext. its fully layered not something I found on Google. Also fixed the 'm' I will upload after I have fiddled around with the text. I haven't done very much with PS and I'm only 13. The Blurred reflection is easy to lose but what shadow do you think? and how would I do it?

Thanks,
DanWard
Quote:Original post by DanWard
not something I found on Google.

No no I wasn't implying it was. Was just an example.

Quote:Original post by DanWard
what shadow do you think? and how would I do it?

I'm no Photoshop user, but try selecting the circle layer and flick through the Filters menu, there should be plenty of shadow related effects.

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

With that glossy text effect I don't really want to make the text red, and other colours that I could use? And with shadow, Its got a black background shadow wont really go, so that why I went with reflection. And Google I know but I was just saying I didn't use it.
I'm assuming the highlight is on a different layer to the background?

Two things I might try;
1. Copy the red circle to a new layer, bring that layer above the text, and turn the opacity right down.
2. Increase the size of the Highlight so it just touches the top of the letters. That way, it is more obvious that the text is part og the "button", rather than being superimposed on it

EDIT: OK, just saw that deadstar already mentioned my second point, whoops.
Try drop shadow in the Layer style window (double-click on the layer in the layer window, if you don't know where to find it). Unmark the "Use Global Light" option, and try fiddling about with the direction and other properties of the shadow
to me the logo bears a resemblance to the dairy queen logo; the colors, similar round letter and the format. Personally I think the best part of the logo is the dairy queen part (unfortunately) and the only new part (the black Z) is the weakest element.

Did you have any other ideas or concepts that you could share?
I don't really like the text reflection. It should either be softened/made more transparent. I find it odd to look at upside-down text like that. I'd prefer no reflection at all.

Otherwise very nice logo :)
Quote:Original post by slowpid
to me the logo bears a resemblance to the dairy queen logo; the colors, similar round letter and the format. Personally I think the best part of the logo is the dairy queen part (unfortunately) and the only new part (the black Z) is the weakest element.

Did you have any other ideas or concepts that you could share?

Not really, it was just a fiddling around with PS then I decided to make a logo for my site, so I had a try, actually was quite good so I made a little touches that's all.

Quote:Original post by AAA
I don't really like the text reflection. It should either be softened/made more transparent. I find it odd to look at upside-down text like that. I'd prefer no reflection at all.

Otherwise very nice logo :)

I prefer no reflection but when it stops half way into black it doesn't look so good.
If your going to do the ground reflection you need to make everything fit on the same ground plane. because right now it doesn't make much sense when you look at it, and that is distracting and takes away from your logo.

Oh and it might be a good idea to have the full name somewhere in there, because nobody except you knows what OZD stands for. large companies can get away with using abreviations because everyone knows them and can recognize the symbols.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement