Sign in to follow this  

VMR9 problem

This topic is 3312 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm playing with DirectShow in general and VMR9 renderless mode in particular. The result is ok as I can smoothly render multiple videos while the engine runs at full speed. No flickering, no frames lost in fullscreen or windowed mode, looping is also fine! Unluckly when I turn on debug version of Direct3D9 I get a lot of errors ("Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Error trying to lock driver surface")... "a lot" means they keep increasing as the application runs! :( After some tests I discovered the following: 1- the lock problem has nothing to do with video texture rendering, as it shows up even I don't use those textures. 2- the lock problem has nothing to do with the engine, since the errors disappear if I'm playing ONE video and I render my video texture on screen. 3- the lock problem has nothing to do with stretchrect call in PresentImage as it shows up even if I comment it. Googling resulted in a few posts by people experiencing the same problem but no clear solution emerged from those topics. I'm stuck as I don't know how to solve this problem. I suppose the error happens when VMR9 decodes the video into the first surface (the source of my stretchrect operation). I'd like to know if somebody experienced a similar problem with VMR9. Thank you.

I'm posting a follow up as there aren't many infos about DirectShow around. If somebody experienced the same problem he wouldn't have to run a lot of tests again.

As simple as it sounds, the problem was in the filter, FFDShow.
Switching to a different video decoder solved the issue.

This topic is 3312 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.