Multiple games, one world. The next step in MMOs?

Started by
22 comments, last by robert4818 15 years, 5 months ago
I'm surprised no one has mentioned City of Heroes and City of Villains. A perfect example (I think) of what the OP was trying to convey (at least with the gta: criminals/gta:boys in blue examples).
Advertisement
CoV is a 'Standalone expansion'.
I'd love a game universe like that. But what if the GTA: Medical player sucks? Then I'll die when I really shouldn't, for an arbitrary reason. And don't forget assholes. If every single action or service is dependent on a player, then chances are quite high that you'll bump into an asshole at least once every session. This might be very frustrating.
Quote:Original post by Kekko
I'd love a game universe like that. But what if the GTA: Medical player sucks? Then I'll die when I really shouldn't, for an arbitrary reason. And don't forget assholes. If every single action or service is dependent on a player, then chances are quite high that you'll bump into an asshole at least once every session. This might be very frustrating.

My main theory is that if your medical guy succeeds then your death penalties are reduced. So if he sucks, then you suffer a full death penalty, vice a reduced one. Since you (as a player of another game) would only be affected by medical upon your death, there are two ways to look at it.

Glass Half full: You suffer the full death penalty if your doctor fails, if he succeeds then you have little to no penalty.

Glass Half Empty: If your medical guy fails you suffer extra penalty than if he succeeds.

However the main determining factor to whether its seen half empty or half full, is whether or not medical is released with, or after the criminals game. If its released with, you'll most likely see it as empty. If its released after, and you've had a chance to see full death penalty without salvation, the you'll see the medical as half full.
Ideas presented here are free. They are presented for the community to use how they see fit. All I ask is just a thanks if they should be used.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement