• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ApochPiQ

Wireless bridge

This topic is 3693 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for a cheap, relatively simple 802.11g bridge. I have an access point downstairs and a separate network upstairs which I want to unify. My only big requirement is that it support WPA2 for security. Any recommendations?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by ApochPiQ
My only big requirement is that it support WPA2 for security.

Why is this a big requirement? You do realise WPA2 is not secure and only takes a little more work than WEP to piggyback.

I want WPA2 support because it's already set up on all my wireless hardware and I'm too damn lazy to downgrade to something else just for the sake of a bridge [wink]

A Linksys WRT54G re-flashed with DD-WRT. It supports bridging natively so all I need is to get a second one and I'm done - and, as it so happens, I've already bought the second one - should arrive next week [smile]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!