Rendering Textured Models

Started by
16 comments, last by In_Yack_Mode 15 years, 5 months ago
I am reading an online tutorial about DirectX and have gotten to the part about rendering textured models. It has another include that I am not used too which is "#include <atlbase.h>" but it gives me this error "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlbase.h': No such file or directory." How can I fix this? I tried adding the 2008 Windows SDK v6.1 by doing what this site said http://blogs.msdn.com/windowssdk/archive/2008/02/22/using-visual-c-2008-express-with-the-windows-sdk-short-version.aspx but when I tried to use the Windows SDK Configuration Tool it said "Your system has neither Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008 or a later version installed." Which I don't understand because I use VC++ 2008 every day. Any ideas? I am using VC++ Express 2008.
Advertisement
Is that the tutorial from directxtutorial.com?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf
Yes it is. Also is that specific header required or is there another that wouldn't require me to get anything different and would achive almost the same thing?
No specific ideas, but check out some of the suggestions and info in this thread.
Does it also give you an error about CA2W?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf
Quote:Original post by lightbringer
No specific ideas, but check out some of the suggestions and info in this thread.

Actually thats the thread where I found out about the blog at MSDN.

No thats the only error.

Have you tried searching for atlbase.h on your computer?
When I did this tutorial, I had the same problem, so I deleted the atlbase.h and the USES_CONVERSION, and used the code from Sangha Im here for the CA2W function. It worked for me, the model and textures loaded perfectly.
Quote:Original post by Ryan123
Have you tried searching for atlbase.h on your computer?

Yes I just did and it found nothing.

rplace that with windows.h
i think thats apart of the mfc and atl which isnt free
Bring more Pain

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement