API for creating mp3/flv or similar formats

Started by
6 comments, last by Headkaze 15 years, 5 months ago
I have a brilliant idea for something really cool. I would like to programmatically create an flv (or some other YouTube-acceptable format). The input would be a bunch of programmatically created bitmaps. Is there a C++ library that will let me do this?
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Advertisement
soooo, where is the cool idea?
I'll tell you when it's done. But I need the library first. Or it'll take a year, since I'll have to write my own.
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Take a look at the "libavcodec" library over at the FFMPEG Project site.

EDIT: It's a little bit of a pain to build the Windows DLLs, but it'll do what you want. I'm currently using it for my University project.
Thanks, but are you sure you got the link right? Site's not loading for me.

A point I forgot to specify: Unix, please. I suck at Windows programming.

On consideration, it looks as though ImageMagick may be able to do what I want, or at any rate enough of it - it'll do GIF, anyway. But if anyone has a library to go straight to flv, that would be even better.
Maybe you can use mencoder or ffmpeg via the command line. I could be wrong but I think you might be able to stream your raw image data via a pipe to them and have them spit out a video in whatever format you want.
Indeed, that looks like what I need. Many thanks.
Actually DirectShow would be ideal for this if you were developing this on the Windows platform. Since you could just use someone else's mp3/flv filter and connect it to your own graph.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement