• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mangshe0

please help me

This topic is 3642 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am a chinese programer. my english is very poor.if my word is wrong please forget it. i want to ask a quesetion, this time i did some program use SDL,and i want use it to play video, i find must to use smpeg, so i down load some file, it include .cpp .dll and so on,but donot have .lib, i work in windows, i cannot untie package about liunx , so is smpeg must on liunx? and the smpeg.lib live on liunx? or is i donot find right? please tell me thank you very much, thanks a lot. if you know the smpeg.lib down load address(internet),can you pass it to me? or send the file to me. my email:mangshe0@163.com thankyou very much and i am sorry my english...... 谢谢 [Edited by - mangshe0 on October 27, 2008 1:10:35 AM]

Advertisement
If you Google smpeg, you will get a link to the official smpeg website. It contains instructions on how to get the source with a Subversion client, enabling you to complie it yourself into whatever you want.

That's not what you asked, so to answer that: I don't know, but maybe Google will help?

Hi,

If I follow correctly, you need the .lib to use the .dll (that was probably cross-compiled from Linux) in Visual Studio (VS)?

If so you can use the lib.exe tool that ships with VS.

The path for this is at: "<install directory>\VC\bin\lib.exe".

This is the kind of thing I'm guessing that you're after... LINK

Also, if this is relevant, have a look at the MSDN for this.

If you can get the source code, and recompile yourself, I'd probably advise you to do that, as last time I had a crack at the above I wasted a lot of time.

Best of luck,

i have smpeg_0.4.5+cvs20030824.orig.tar.tar
and i have MPEG.cpp MPEGaudio.h MPEGsystem.h MPEGvideo.h....and so on
but i cannot find mpeg.lib in this package.

i cannot find mpeg.lib on google

you say right. i want to use mpeg.dll so i must find the mpeg.lib

who can tell me where i can find the mpeg.lib

this package makefile i nmake it but it is wrong....

[Edited by - mangshe0 on October 29, 2008 2:58:20 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!