motor bike/cycle physics

Started by
1 comment, last by ghostd0g 15 years, 5 months ago
hi. i would like to do an project with sensors as an alternative input method and use a motor bike/cycle game as visualization. my possibilities here: a) mod an existing game -> but i don't know any of these games on PC. b) use an existing (open source) game engine -> could not find any that fits as this kind of game. c) develop my own small game from scratch. i am not worried about the visuals, more about the physics (feeling at accelerating, braking, steering/leaning and the contact handling to the surface) of handling a motorbike. they don't have to be super accurate or realistic. it should feel like one of those arcade games and be fun. -> i found some resources for vehicles dynamics, but not for 2 wheel bikes. any help, thoughts, ideas are welcome thanks!
Advertisement
Your modification should be sitting at the input level, no? If there's a game that accepts input from keyboard or whatever, couldn't you just hook up your sensor array to send the same signals when a sensor is triggered?

ie if the 'a' key turns the handlebars left, then when sensor 1 is broken, send the same signal as the 'a' key sends?
yeah, that is what i could do if i mod a game. i already did that, it is no problem.
but the input was not the question. sorry for being not clear.
my question was more the game part. because we need to change the graphics into something custom (not race game style), so we can't just use any motor cycle game.
so either i find a game that is modifyable or build a simple game on my own (which i prefer). and therefore i need hints on open source games/demos or tutorials, articles, books. i can't find anything on 2 wheel physics ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement