• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
th0br0

Comparison of luabind, SWIG, and tolua++

This topic is 3687 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

While working on Project Daydream, we wanted to fairly evaluate all reasonable LUA wrappers. We did a fair amount of research and testing with each of the wrappers, and came up with the following chart comparing features between each: click here I'm putting this information on the GD forums in the hopes that our research can benefit others as well. Please let me know if you think I'm missing something from the chart or if I have something marked down wrong. Thanks to Nayruden for the idea of creating such a comparison chart and helping us realize it!

Advertisement
Wish granted. It's helped me in my proyect, so there, thanks ^^

On a side note, I'm missing a "Documentation" section, comparing how much and quality of documentation each has.

If possible can you provide some profile times on how fast each binding library is executing something like global function calls, method calls etc..?

Also would it be possible to also include Mluabind in the mix?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mluabind/

Thanks! :D

-ddn

Hey.
Ying, documentation will maybe be added to the chart - dependant on whether anyone will care for it in the future :)
ddn3; we didn't run any benchmarks and as we decided on luabind, we won't test it. feel free to do so though :)

I'll give Luabind a try, I tried toLua but couldn't get it to work for me, with its 2 step process, but might try it again if time permits.

I'll post my findings.

-ddn

Cant talk about luabind, but tolua++ and SWIG have a very good documentation, really extensive I would say in SWIG. Also I have found good help with swig issues from its Lua developer in the mailing list.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!