• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HermanssoN

Creating a .lib for my math project VS 2008

This topic is 3698 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I made a math project that handles Vectos, Matrices and Quaternions. NOe I would like to make a library of it. I never made one before. I made a static library using Visual Studio 2008 express, but when I try to use it I get an error saying that one of my type def for int generates a ambigious symbol error. Most likley I faild to creat a correct .lib. Here is some code that I would like to icnlude in the .lib. #ifndef _EMATH_H_ #define _EMATH_H_ #include "ETypes.h" //SOME DEFINE AND MACROS #define PI ((Real32) 3.141592654f) #define EMATH_DEG_TO_RAD(Real32) (( PI/ 180.0f) * (Real32)) // converts from degrees to radians #define EMATH_RAD_TO_DEG(Real32) ((180.0f / PI) * (Real32)) // converts from radians to degrees /* Some handy math stuff*/ //Nice "hax" from ID software inline Real32 FastInvSqrt (Real32 x) { Real32 xhalf = 0.5f*x; Int32 i = *(Int32*)&x; <-- error, Int32 is a type def and will generate ambigious symbol error i = 0x5f3759df - (i>>1); x = *(Real32*)&i; x = x*(1.5f - xhalf*x*x); return x; } /* End of handy math stuff*/ //forward declarations class ECVector3D; class ECMatrix4; class ECQuaternion; etc... [\code]

Advertisement
OK I managed to soulve the problem but I have a new one :/

i have one header file

ECMath, where i declare thre classes ECVector3D, ECMatrix4 & ECQuaternion

I made a lib file and included it to a project where i Tested my Vector and it went just fine.

next i Was going to check if my matrices was working. But I couldn't compile when i made a matrix.

error LNK2005: ___@@_PchSym_@00@UwlxfnvmghLzmwLhvggrmthUKsmKsovinzmhhlmUnrmzLwlpfnvmgUvzhbDwnzgs
UvzhbDwnzgsUivovzhvUvxjfzgvimrlmOlyq@ already defined in ECMath.lib(ECMatrix4.obj)

Is this because I have both vector and matrox class declared in the same header??

The mangled name of the symbol in the linker error contains "_PchSym_". I'd assume that means it has something to do with pre-compiled headers.

Try reading the second post here, and see if that helps.

hah can't belive that I didn't find that post, thank's!

To every one else who wan't to create a static library, do NOT move stdafx.h"and all the other visual studio created files to another location and re-add them to your project. If you do you will have to recreate pch and that will cause the error I had. I moved all h/cpp to a subfolder I named source, bad idea!
Ofcourse there are most likley a way to do that safely that I'm not aware of ^^

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!