AngelScript 2.14.1 is here

Started by
2 comments, last by Dentoid 15 years, 5 months ago
This new version brings improvements to several areas: - Thread safety has been improved with atomic reference counters - Multithreading support has been added to Mac (both x86 and ppc) - The garbage collector has been improved to release trivially detected garbage quicker - Script class methods can now be implemented as 'const' - Added experimental support for implicit handle types (these work mostly like objects in java, i.e. there is no need to use the @ for these) - Added the 'is' identity comparison operator for comparing two handles - I also added the official logotype for the AngelScript library in the manual Regards, Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
I noticed one of the changes is now scripts can define class and interface methods that can return const types. Is there any reason that that wasn't extended to global functions?
No, there's not. I'll verify this for the next version.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote:Original post by SiCrane
I noticed one of the changes is now scripts can define class and interface methods that can return const types. Is there any reason that that wasn't extended to global functions?

Isn't the point of const methods that they don't alter the state of their objects, hence only make sense in the scope of an object?

EDIT: Sorry, apparantly I didn't read what you wrote. I was thinking about "Script class methods can now be implemented as 'const'".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement