• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
aamishah

Any Physics Book for Practical Physics Programming?

This topic is 3641 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I have seen many Physics Books but they always try to teach How to Program Physics Engine. I don't want that! There are Tons of great engines already out there. Is there any Book that teaches you Practical usage of some popular Physics engine like Newton, ODE, PhysX or Havoc, etc. Even a Book that teaches 2D engine usage will be great. I am big Fan of Physics-based games but I am only good at Box2D programming yet. I have basic knowledge of Physics but I want to see practical use of it with popular engines rather than re-invent the wheel from scratch. Sorry if this has already been answered, Just point me to that thread in that case. thanks. Saadat Shah www.shah-soft.com

Advertisement
This is a great question. There should a book about how to use a physics engine properly. I do not know of such a book from a programming perspective; however, there are many books that discuss using physics within a digital content creation art tool such as 3ds max or Maya. There is, for example, a relatively new book that discusses authoring physics using the open source Blender 3D editor, which uses Bullet. Here is a web page describing that book:

Bounce, Tumble, and Splash book

Great! but I am looking for something more suitable for Programmers.

All Physics book teach Projectiles,Collisions,Vehicle Physics etc But I wanna learn the same using known Physics APIs rather than learning all the complex equations behinds the scene.

Thanks.

Saadat Shah
www.shah-soft.com

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!