• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Z_of_Thule

help with setting up with code::blcoks

This topic is 3641 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
First of all, let me suggest using Visual C++ Express 2008. I've used Code::Blocks a little, and it's not a bad IDE, but the Microsoft one is also good, and will need less configuration effort to develop for Windows.

Normally I'd say just to add the relevant include and lib path, but Code::Blocks is just an IDE, not a compiler. It does come with GCC as an option, and if that's what you're using, you might want to google "DirectX GCC" or ask about that, since it's not a Code::Blocks issue.

Still, I'd really suggest VC++ Express.

Since nobody else has asked - why on earth are you using Code::Blocks? If you're using DirectX, then you're clearly doing Windows only stuff, so why not use Visual Studio - which is infinitely better, the industry standard for Windows development, and is officially supported for DirectX development.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!