What is a reasonable poly count?

Started by
11 comments, last by zyrolasting 15 years, 5 months ago
I didn't see any examples for it. I'm on DX9.

I found some tutorials, but like most tutorials I find, I tend to end up short in an area after reading them. I read a tutorial on bencloward.com, which was well-written as far as I could tell, but the author mentioned I could "do this in Maya as well" with very little clarification on what UI elements to work with. He just concentrated on 3DS Max, really. Any mention of Maya seemed only half what I needed to know. There were little similarities between the two interfaces. Also, the highend3d forums had some articles, but they were very unclear. (To me, anyway) naturally I'm at a loss. At least I know the concept behind these maps...

I'm still looking, but I'm not finding the answer to this question: How do I apply an external normal map in a DirectX 9 app to a loaded .X file?
Advertisement
I have DirectX 9 SDK (June 2008) and in sample browser there are several examples. If you can not find it, I can send the via email to you
Yeah... I still can't find them. Alright, please send it to my hotmail account. same username: zyrolasting@hotmail.com

Just to be safe, I'll be removing my email from above in a day, so I hope you (or someone else) sees it by then. Fortunately, it's not my main one.

Many thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement