Sign in to follow this  
CaspianB

Book recommendations?

I'm probably one of the only people who managed to make it through an entire Computer Science degree without any solid compiler theory courses. I blame my Software Engineering major for eating up my computer science electives (as compiler theory itself wasn't a required course). Anyway, because of that I'm not really fully certain how to properly write the code to power programs such as parsers for template engines or scripting engines (let alone a full blown compiler). The couple of programs I have written to accomplish these tasks just feel very "brute-forced." I don't feel like I'm writing them appropriately. I would like to remedy that gap in my skill-set, but I'd like some suggestions as to what books I could pick up that would cover both the concept as well as providing practical examples (preferably C++) of what the code would actually look like. I've been looking around on Amazon, but I would like to try and get some solid recommendations on one or two specific books. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears. :)