Sign in to follow this  
NotTheCommonDose

Game Design help wanted

No programming needed. I'm looking for people to help me brainstorm ideas. I'm working on a 2d exploration platformer. Kind of like super metroid, or a 2d side scrolling zelda. I'd like to work on worlds, badguys, weapons, items, events, and any other kind of designing aspect with enthusiastic people. Anyway, if you want to toss around some ideas you can get involved on the "Project Moldering" forum, or IM me: aim:notthecommondose msn:notthecommondose@hotmail.com Forum: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Project_Moldering/index.php?act=idx I don't expect a lot of answers, but if you want to get involved in a game without having to do anything technical let me know. James P.S. The game is in alpha stage, with a fully functional level editor. I am working on putting together some pretty levels and uploading screen shots. Anyone who gets involved will definitely get a chance to see them.

I don't have the time to get properly involved, but I'd like to throw one suggestion in there. I really liked the system in Zelda II where there was a birds-eye view part of the game for travelling across the world, then a 2D Side-Scroller part for individual levels, dungeons, towns etc. I think that did a really good job of creating a properly explorable world out of a 2D platformer.

cheers,
metal