Looking to get a simple contract

Started by
9 comments, last by Wardyahh 15 years, 5 months ago
I am looking to hire an artist for a project. I need to get a contract between us, but I don't have a stock template. It does really need to only be a very standard kind of thing, which I could re-use in the future... can anyone give advice where I might be able to get such a template or example contract tailored to paying piecework or hourly rates in return for artwork... including clauses about IP and so on? I'm sure such things exist, written/checked by real lawyers... or maybe someone here has such a template they know is fairly water-tight and might consider showing/selling a copy? I know lots of people on this site must have hired freelance artists at some time or another. All my prior experience with contracts has been from the other side - the one receiving the contract when being paid to do the work.

www.simulatedmedicine.com - medical simulation software

Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

Advertisement
http://www.gamedevkit.com/

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper
http://www.gamedevkit.com/

+1 for a terrific post.

Looks interesting, thanks. Is what's included suitable for signing a contract with a software developer as well as an artist?

Thanks again.

Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

Quote:Original post by JDXSolutions Ltd
Looks interesting, thanks. Is what's included suitable for signing a contract with a software developer as well as an artist?

Stop asking questions here, and just check it out. If you have questions for Tom Buscaglia, the Game Attorney who created that site, ask him those questions, why doncha.

Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper

Stop asking questions here, and just check it out.
Oddly enough, I can't see exactly what I get without buying it! But I'll contact them directly and ask.

I'll contact them directly and ask.

Yes. Thumbs up.

That Gamedev Kit is not free though...
Quote:Original post by crazyx
That Gamedev Kit is not free though...

Right. Being in business entails costs that must be borne.

Does anyone have gamedev kit and he would wanna upload it and send me link for download? Or send me with email...?
Thanks in advance it would really help alot! :)

[ Does this answer your question? --Sneftel ]

[Edited by - Sneftel on November 24, 2008 5:36:05 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement