XNA and sound

Started by
4 comments, last by NickGravelyn 15 years, 5 months ago
It seems XNA supports .WAV files for sound. Does it support MP3 formatted files? What other sound files are supported...and are certain formats best for sound fx vs music? Thanks, Tom
Advertisement
Apparently the way to do it, is to supercompress wav files, seems microsoft enjoys wma aswell, but i suggest going for compressed wav...the wma quality turned out rather -bad-.
A project i'm currently working on have one song per map, and making them wav would make the game extremely big.. and it's intended for xbox live arcade.. I'm not sure how the other devteams managed to find a workaround but i'd really like to know myself.
I second his questions, and any info regarding XNA would be greatly appreciated.
I believe XNA compresses the music from wav files by itself when you compiled it into a ccgame file.
Oh i see, thanks for the heads up :D
An article a friend sent me on MP3 integration:

MP3
XNA Game Studio 3.0 supports WAV, MP3*, and WMA through the new audio APIs (Song and SoundEffect). If you install it, the documentation is in the Help files. It's not online just yet.

* WAV and WMA work from those files; MP3 files are converted to WMA at build time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement