Sign in to follow this  
Super Llama

The wierdest fullscreen problem

Ok I have the wierdest problem on the face of the earth. I run a DirectX application (one that I made) in windowed mode. It works fine. Then I run it in Fullscreen mode. It works fine. Then I try to run it again in fullscreen mode and it doesn't work at all, it freezes up and I have to end the process. Either time I try fullscreen, it adds a mysterious rundll32 process that's taking up all the CPU. I end it, it comes back milliseconds later. I have to end it 5 times before its gone. Then I look and I find two instances of taskmgr which aren't really there. This has happened SO many times, and I have absolutely no idea why it does this! The wierd processes are obviously caused by the program, since they only come up when I run it in fullscreen mode. I'm at my wit's end and I'm completely stumped. For a while I thought it was that I wasn't destructing all the resources, and I noticed that I forgot to detruct the texture. I destructed the texture and it made the problem worse, now with an Error Message on exit. WHAT THE PANCAKE IS WRONG? Please help, I've tried everything...

That sounds really weird... maybe you could try to execute the program on another computer (might be a Windows/DirectX installation or driver problem). Or look at some tutorial code (codesampler.com).

If you're code is correct, releasing resources like textures etc. should not give an error!

I sent it to my friend and he said it worked perfectly. It will be really frustrating to have to test the code through Remote Assistance and not be able to play the finished thing on my own computer... but if this problem never comes up for anyone else, I guess I'll just have to survive in windowed mode XD