Sign in to follow this  
Vaine0

DX9 Render Target / Texture question

Hey guys I can't seem to get this right. I'm trying to draw my scene to a texture, and then plaster that texture as a billboard. (Trying to debug some culling stuff.) Anyway, here's the snippets: Here, I'm specifying that I want to set my render target to a surface.
                              if(!pRenderTexture)
		                   hRes = m_d3dDevice->CreateTexture(window->GetWidth(), window->GetHeight(), 0, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &pRenderTexture, NULL);
				hRes = pRenderTexture->GetSurfaceLevel(0,&pRenderSurface);
				const WCHAR* err = DXGetErrorString9(hRes);
				hRes = m_d3dDevice->SetRenderTarget(0,pRenderSurface);
				err = DXGetErrorString9(hRes);

... Draw my scene here. ... And here, I'm trying to fill out a texture stored in window.
                                D3DSURFACE_DESC desc;
				hRes = pRenderSurface->GetDesc(&desc);
				IDirect3DTexture9* pTempTexture = NULL;
				hRes = m_d3dDevice->CreateTexture(desc.Width,desc.Height,0,D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC,desc.Format,D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM,&pTempTexture,NULL);
				IDirect3DSurface9* pTempSurface = NULL;
				hRes = pTempTexture->GetSurfaceLevel(0,&pTempSurface);
				hRes = m_d3dDevice->GetRenderTargetData(pRenderSurface, pTempSurface);

D3DLOCKED_RECT rect;
				hRes = pTempTexture->LockRect(0, &rect, NULL, 0);
				memcpy(window->GetRenderTarget(), rect.pBits, window->GetWidth() * window->GetHeight() * sizeof(char) * 4);
				hRes = pTempSurface->UnlockRect();

D3DXSaveTextureToFile(L"D:\\asdf.bmp",D3DXIFF_BMP,pTempTexture,NULL);

pTempTexture->Release();
				pTempSurface->Release();

window->GetRenderTarget was allocated properly: new char[width * height * sizeof(char) * 4]; There is no dx debugging error output. Technically everything here seems to be "correct" with incorrect results. Now, the frustrating part is that D3DXSaveTextureToFile saves out my image correctly. However, when I try to render my texture in DX, I get a 2/3 green square, with the last 1/3 as black. So I'm slightly confused. The texture I'm displaying gets created as follows:
           case ITexture::Ax8Rx8Gx8Bx8:
		szType = sizeof(char);
		hRes = m_d3dDevice->CreateTexture(texture->GetWidth(), texture->GetHeight(), 0, D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &d3dTexture, NULL);
		break;

So if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong... Thanks, David