window icon repaint

Started by
3 comments, last by gargling_mayonnaise 15 years, 5 months ago
Hello, anyone who knows which event is called when window icon(the small icon at left-top of a window caption bar) needs to be repainted? I'm currently catching ncpaint message but when i change folder using the same window, window icon is repainted from elsewhere but my ncpaint covering my custom icon. As always any help appreciated, thanx dudes! -GM
Advertisement
I think something like animation on system-tray icon will reduce what you search: clicky
Unfortunately the non client area is not that streamlined as the client area is.

AFAIK there are three messages that signal a redraw in the nc area:

WM_NCPAINT
WM_NCACTIVATE
WM_ACTIVATE

As seen in the thoroughly hacked method how MFC keeps the tool windows' caption active with the main window.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Uhm, actually the right messages are ncpaint, ncactivate, nccalcsize if you want to change client area size and settext which force the caption bar to redraw itself, anyway catching them all doesn't prevent the window icon at the top-left to be re-drawn when changing folder using toolbar buttons e.g back arrow, there must be some other message that force the caption to redraw.
Thanx!

-GM
Solved, it was very trivial, just caught wm_seticon :) many thanx guys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement