Fringed pixels in complex image (Photoshop)

Started by
4 comments, last by zyrolasting 15 years, 5 months ago
I'm aware of using the De-fringe command, but it never did the job for me. I want to remove all partially transparent pixels from my image, but for whatever reason the only thing I could come up with in the help files and Google is the De-fringe command. It always leaves a halo behind for me. For that matter, is it possible to prevent matting the image with partially transparent pixels while transforming them? For example, if I rotate a spaceship sprite for a game, after I commit the transform it anti-aliases and gives me a larger work load. I commonly find myself duplicating layers over and over until all pixels have full opacity. What am I missing? Please don't let it be too obvious...
Advertisement
The only way to remove them from exisitng works is the manual method. Either by duplicating the layers as you have been doing or by limiting your selection to only 100% opacity pixels and deleting all other pixels.
However, to prevent this from happening in the future you should turnoff anti-aliasing for the eraser and brush. Google "photoshop turnoff anti-aliasing."
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
You can separate the opacity layer from the color layer and work on it using brightness/contrast to convert the gray pixels to black. It takes a few seconds.
Quote:You can separate the opacity layer from the color layer

What do you mean by this?

By the way, I moved to CS4 and I'm frustrated due to the lack of the navigator.
I didn't see it in Interface options. Is it even accessible?
I assume he means if you're using a quick mask or the alpha channel. Using brightness/contrast on the 8 bit grayscale channel, you can eliminate the in between pixels to 100% opacity pixels. However, while i use this technique myself, you need to clean it up at the end, or else you'll get some jaggy results.
As for cs4, i can not help you there, i only have cs3.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Alright, thanks. Ugh, the lack of navigator alone makes me want to head back to CS3... Even so, the GPU boost is nice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement