Sign in to follow this  
brechtjah

Resource file

resource.h #define ID_bmpBar 301 resource.rc #include "resource.h" ID_bmpBar BITMAP "C:\\VERY_LONG_PATH\\bitmap.bmp" Is there a way to combine those two steps into one, so no resource file is required? Because I'm currently getting errors trying to get a bitmap on a static control
    stcStatic = CreateWindow("STATIC", ID_bmpBar, SS_BITMAP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD, 5, 10, 100, 10,
        hwnd, (HMENU) ID_stcStatic, hInstance, NULL);
Error: invalid conversion from int to const CHAR* EDIT: Generally what I'm trying to do here is putting an image on a static control. Do I have to call SendMessage with STM_SETIMAGE also? I mean I'm already giving the address as an argument to CreateWindow()... (I really need a good site about win32 stuff like this) [Edited by - brechtjah on November 10, 2008 4:17:24 PM]

The best site for Win32 documentation is MSDN.

Read here for info about your specific problem: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760767(VS.85).aspx#image_static_control

There really is nothing I can add, other than to rephrase that image controls don't need a caption (just pass NULL or zero-length string) and instead require an STM_SETIMAGE message to be sent to them after creation. In your case, wParam = IMAGE_BITMAP and lParam would be the return value of LoadBitmap(). See LoadBitmap() documentation for more info.