Sign in to follow this  
ucfchuck

SlimDX SEHexception on swapchain.present

im having trouble running my code on a new laptop, it a sony vaio if it makes a difference, but it has an nvidia 8400m gs and it will run my dx10 app by itself just fine but then when i compile it as part of a bigger program it will run for a few seconds and then throw an sehexception on the swapchain.present call. could it be a .net versioning problem between my code and slimdx, most of my stuff is in .net 2.0???

thats what we thought but were hoping against. i think we had the same problem on a desktop 8400gs until we upgraded the driver from nvidia. but its a sony vaio and they wont let you install third party drivers, so im stuck with their old one. guess i need a new laptop. nvidia only listed a few models that they were sure of compatibility with. but the old nvidia driver doesnt seem special at all as if the hardware was really custom. i want to try installing it anyway but from nvidia its hidden in an exe so i cant manually extract it and update to it. Do i need to just go buy a new laptop or does anyone know a way around this.