Nehe book

Started by
1 comment, last by Caste 15 years, 5 months ago
I found a NeHe book called "Jeff Molofee's OpenGL Windows Tutorial" on the net I am new to OpenGl I was just wondering will these tutorials compile in the latest VC ++ express edition 2008 compiler? I think the book is a bit outdated If there are any changes in code to make what are those changes? Thanks 3dmodeler
http://digitalart.f-sw.com
Advertisement
Pick up a more up-to-date book. The old NeHe tutorials are quite dated and actually teach some bad coding habits. Also it uses mostly fixed function pipeline that is now only available in modern hardware via emulation through shaders.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Wait till March to get the newest version of "Beginning OpenGL Game Programming" which will cover GL 3.0 [wink]..

Well you mustn't wait, the glbooks are still very good!

But it's true, the NeHe tutorials are pretty outdated. The theory still is the same, but you can structure your code way better.

We've started to set up some newer tutorials (found under NewLessons), but we dont have enough time at the moment to add more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement