Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

[web] Website Feedback Request

A few things that spring out:

Logo:
- The "games" is too bright on that background.
- There's a white halo around the ring that makes up the dot that looks odd. I'm guessing that you made the logo on a white background and was supposed to look transparent, but it's on a grey background now. Try setting a different background color for the logo (in your image editor) or use an image format that supports proper transparency (like PNG).

Rest:
- The "New Computer Game" is also very bright. It's readable on that dark green background, buty it doesn't look that well IMHO.
- All the small game buttons could really do with a text link with the game title below their buttons. It's hard to read the titles from the small images.
- The small buttons are also very densely packed. It makes the page look very busy. Perhaps use only three per category box and add some margins/whitespace? That would also give you more room to put your titles (see previous point)
- Nitpick: I dislike javascript hover popups, but that's personal. However, I detest them less when they simply appear and disappear in a predictable location and don't follow the cursor around.

Legal:
That's a lot of games you offer there. Are you sure you have the rights to sell them and offer free trial downloads of them?

Quote:
Original post by Sander
A few things that spring out:

Logo:
- The "games" is too bright on that background.
- There's a white halo around the ring that makes up the dot that looks odd. I'm guessing that you made the logo on a white background and was supposed to look transparent, but it's on a grey background now. Try setting a different background color for the logo (in your image editor) or use an image format that supports proper transparency (like PNG).

Rest:
- The "New Computer Game" is also very bright. It's readable on that dark green background, buty it doesn't look that well IMHO.
- All the small game buttons could really do with a text link with the game title below their buttons. It's hard to read the titles from the small images.
- The small buttons are also very densely packed. It makes the page look very busy. Perhaps use only three per category box and add some margins/whitespace? That would also give you more room to put your titles (see previous point)
- Nitpick: I dislike javascript hover popups, but that's personal. However, I detest them less when they simply appear and disappear in a predictable location and don't follow the cursor around.

Thanks! These are all great suggestions. I'll get to work implementing immediately!

Quote:

Legal:
That's a lot of games you offer there. Are you sure you have the rights to sell them and offer free trial downloads of them?

Yep, It's legal. I have a relationship with a larger publisher.

It's definitely improved readability for the games categories. Nice work.

One small nitpick: In the category boxes that now contain two games, the images are nicely spaced horizontally but they are straight against the box header. I suggest you put some padding between the header of the box and the images.