Dead Chaos episode one survival horror game released on Windows

Started by
6 comments, last by deadstar 15 years, 5 months ago
Dead Chaos is an episodic survival horror game where you assume the role of Kelly Talbert, the daughter of a very powerful and wealthy man. Kelly wakes up inside a scientific research facility, cameras seemingly monitoring her every move. Possessing no immediate recollection of how she came to be in this bizarre and frightening place, she must attempt to restore her damaged memory, while fighting for her life. Features * Compelling and suspenseful storyline that draws you into the drama * A gaming experience reminiscent of the early classics such as Resident Evil and Alone In the Dark * Gather clues, solve puzzles, manage resources, and use your intuition to stay alive * Professional Voice acting and cinematic music * Highly detailed environments to explore and interact with * Battle zombies and other undead creatures, save the infected from a fate worse than death * Interact with a variety of characters, and delve into the mystery of this remote mansion and underground research facility Out now on Windows, with Mac and Linux to follow shortly. Download and watch the official Dead Chaos game trailer here: http://www.gamelab3d.com/media.html Browse the game screen shot gallery here : http://www.gamelab3d.com/media.html Download a Windows demo: http://www.gamelab3d.com/media.html Minimum system requirements: - Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP or VISTA - Intel celeron 2.0 Ghz or equivalent AMD processor - 256 MB memory (RAM) - GForce2 64MB / ATI 8500 graphics card Episode one is now on sale for only UK £4.99
Advertisement
Looks good I'll have a play of the demo when I get time
Was looking forward to playing this. Downloaded the demo and everything. I got an error about my graphics card not being 1024 by something or another. So I uninstalled. The trailer looked decent though. The price dosent seem to bad. But I couldn't run it. I have dual video cards, and can run Crysis at full spec, so Im not sure what happened here.
The Few.. The Proud.. The Marines..
Thanks guys :)

I've been sat here for the last ten minutes trying to think what other reason you would get that error laugheazy
and I am completely stumped( at least for now). The only reason you should get that message at all,is if you are trying to run the game on a card that doesn't support at least 1280x960 32 display.

Weird to say the least. I'll have to do some digging ;-)
Hey dude I tried to play today at work and was also presented with the same error. I use dual monitors if that helps (Although I doubt it)
I got it to work. It's a nice little demo but I won't be purchasing the full version. Here's a few reasons why:

-It feels incomplete, mainly from a gameplay standpoint.

-Fixed camera can build tension, yes, but it generally becomes highly annoying. When RE4 dropped it in favour of a 3rd person camera, that was a good thing.

-Don't make me read the policeman's entire diary to find a door code. Once I've picked it up I should get a door code inventory item.

-I hope the puzzle to turn the electricity on wasn't indicative. I spent a good minute trying to figure out wtf I was meant to do, yet once I did I felt it was as pointless and out of place as the 'pipes' mini game in Bioshock.

-There's too much dialogue.

-Aiming fails my 'is it harder in the game than it is in real life' test.

-Zombies teleport the last few feet when they get near you. Extremely unfair and annoying.

-£4.99 is pretty steep when taking everything into consideration.

However, I did like the clear homage to classics like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. I think the first few notes of Moonlight Sonata are even played in the inventory screen, no? Problem is, I want to go play them now...

Also, congratulations on actually finishing something - it's rare.
Thanks for your comments zdlr, all taken onboard. Almost all of the list is doable and would improve this and any future episodes, so again, appreciate the honest opinion :)
I can't play, it freezes at the Bink Video logo.

- Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3
- Latest Visual Studio Runtime, latest NVIDIA drivers
- Athlon64 4800
- Geforce 7900GS 512MB

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement