Sign in to follow this  
Pipes McGee

Need some help with SlimDX

I compiled one of the samples of SlimDX and it comes up with an error saying that SampleFramework.dll was not found. I reinstalled SlimDX and the same error occurred. If anybody knows SlimDX they probably know about the CustomUI project. I am currently using VC# 2k8 Express. Any help? It's kind of bugging me. EDIT - Please move to For Beginners! Sorry! :(

Moving to the DX forum.

You shouldn't use the installer if you intend to develop with SlimDX. The installer is for you to package with your finished application so that it has the necessary dependencies. Build SlimDX entirely from source or use the downloaded binaries.

If you are already building it from source, make sure the sample framework project is being built -- try building it on its own to isolate any errors you may be missing. Let me know what you find.

Quote:
Original post by jpetrie
Moving to the DX forum.

You shouldn't use the installer if you intend to develop with SlimDX. The installer is for you to package with your finished application so that it has the necessary dependencies. Build SlimDX entirely from source or use the downloaded binaries.

If you are already building it from source, make sure the sample framework project is being built -- try building it on its own to isolate any errors you may be missing. Let me know what you find.

To be fair, the text that accompanies the binaries and installer isn't exactly clear on what you've said above:
Quote:
From the SlimDX downloads page:
SlimDX Installer -- Recommended for all developers and end users! This installer contains everything you need to run and develop SlimDX applications, including the prerequisite DirectX and Visual C++ libraries.

SlimDX Binaries -- Advanced users only. If for some reason you don't want to use the installer, this ZIP archive contains the SlimDX binaries for x86 and x64. Not recommended for most people.

Regardless, thanks for clearing that up. Personally, I have no need for the installer, so that'll work well for me.