Sign in to follow this  
gth772p

Firework Showmaker (java Game), firework builder

This is a project I have been working on in my spare time. Currently only the firework maker part is up and running. This lets you build new fireworks that will be used in the show editor once it is finished. The game is playable in your web browser as long as you have java installed. You can find it at www.prism.gatech.edu/~gth772p/game/fw/index.html. Feel free to post any questions/suggestions you have. A tutorial video will be up shortly since the UI does have a lot of options.

It seems too complicated for me. I couldnt get it to work so I just stopped. It looks to have a lot of features, which is cool.

My suggestion, every firework simulator I've seen (which aren't near as elaborate) seem to have click interfaces. Like I can just click where I want it to go off and that hit run, etc.

Quote:
Original post by Crazyfool
It seems too complicated for me. I couldnt get it to work so I just stopped. It looks to have a lot of features, which is cool.

My suggestion, every firework simulator I've seen (which aren't near as elaborate) seem to have click interfaces. Like I can just click where I want it to go off and that hit run, etc.

Yeah I don't like the point and click interface that most have, that part that is online now is just a firework builder so you can design fireworks to use in your shows. I am working on a file that I will host so you can download some basic fireworks and see how they are made. Also a video will be up later today/tomorrow showing you how to make stuff. I'll post back on here once the video and files are up.

I'll post the video tonight once I get home. If you can watch it and see if it helps any. Also tell me what would help make it easier for people to use/learn the program. Once you learn all of the basic functions you can make some cool fireworks.

I have posted a survey to help get info on what everyone thinks of the program. You can find a link to it on the website. If you don't mind taking the time to fill it out it would help a lot. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this