Sign in to follow this  
brechtjah

Static Control SS_BITMAP

I have a Static Control flagged with SS_BITMAP. The size of this Static Control changes dynamically with the MoveWindow() function, however, my bitmap gets resized. I only want the Static Control to cut off a part of my bitmap, because it is meant as a progress bar. How would I go on about this? EDIT: I've tried with the SS_CENTERIMAGE flag, however, it appears that clipping still does not occur Thank you [Edited by - brechtjah on November 11, 2008 5:46:18 AM]

I'm not familiar with static controls, but a quick google resulted in Clicky which seems to suggest that SS_CENTERIMAGE *should* do what you want it to. Dunno why you tried it with SS_BITMAP, since "The style ignores the nWidth and nHeight parameters; the control automatically sizes itself to accommodate the bitmap."

If SS_CENTERIMAGE doesn't work as advertised(Though I have to ask, is the bitmap bigger than the control size? and/or Do you have any other flags flagged?) and noone else can help, you may want to look at drawing it yourself(SS_OWNDERDRAW) if you don't mind having to handle the WM_DRAWITEM notification yourself.

Sorry I don't know more.[sad]

Quote:
Original post by nerd_boy
I'm not familiar with static controls, but a quick google resulted in Clicky which seems to suggest that SS_CENTERIMAGE *should* do what you want it to. Dunno why you tried it with SS_BITMAP, since "The style ignores the nWidth and nHeight parameters; the control automatically sizes itself to accommodate the bitmap."

If SS_CENTERIMAGE doesn't work as advertised(Though I have to ask, is the bitmap bigger than the control size? and/or Do you have any other flags flagged?) and noone else can help, you may want to look at drawing it yourself(SS_OWNDERDRAW) if you don't mind having to handle the WM_DRAWITEM notification yourself.

Sorry I don't know more.[sad]

When I'm not giving it the SS_BITMAP flag (and only the SS_CENTERIMAGE one), I only get the path for some reason :(

Hmmm....

Can you post the relevant code to the creation of the control? That may help reveal what the problem is and/or why the flags are behaving the way they should.

Don't forget about the source tags!

//In resource.h
#define ID_bmpBar "C:\\PATH\\prBar.bmp"

// Creation of the bitmap handle
HBITMAP hBmpHealthBar = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(NULL, ID_bmpBar, IMAGE_BITMAP,0,0,LR_LOADFROMFILE);

stcHealth = CreateWindow("STATIC", ID_bmpBar, SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD, 8, 16, 100, 10,
hwnd, (HMENU) ID_stcHealth, hInstance, NULL);

SendMessage(stcHealth, STM_SETIMAGE, (WPARAM)IMAGE_BITMAP, (LPARAM)hBmpHealthBar);

This is all the code I have to create my health bar, however, it only gives me the path when I don't give it the SS_BITMAP flag and when I do it doesn't get centered :(

[Edited by - brechtjah on November 12, 2008 5:19:22 AM]

Quote:
Original post by brechtjah
When I'm not giving it the SS_BITMAP flag (and only the SS_CENTERIMAGE one), I only get the path for some reason :(

You need to use SS_BITMAP if you want to have a bitmap in your static. As for the original problem, SS_CENTERIMAGE should clip but if it does not I dont have the time to figure out why, currently.