Sweep OBB vs static plane, not otherwise.

Started by
1 comment, last by Lolmen 15 years, 5 months ago
Hello! Do you guys know some algorithms like: Swept OBB vs line segment test, not the ray or line segment vs sweep OBB Swept OBB vs Swept Circle test. I just need to know time of collision and normal, also if they overlaps a push out distance. Sample if this is a line segment, that if ponential collision is forward in time and it's lying in negative plane space, just don't return anything and same for center of OBB, to avoid suppressed overlapping test. I perform this tests for 2D space. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
you're OBB vs segment, or OBB vs hyerplane? There is quite a difference. For hyperplanes, you can sweep the vertices alone, else you need something a bit more involved.

I'm doing polygon collisions, but segments are similar (think of a them as a box with a height of 0).

For spheres, it's more complicated (solving quadratic equations).

Everything is better with Metal.

Dunno What the hyperplane is. :)
Any article what the hyperplane is in collision detection?

So well, something new from oliii is anyway cool.
Thank you too much.

Anything about spheres on a move?

P.S
PolyColy v3 wasn't work well with circles as I know, I perform varying position in forwarding tests and seems like min and max disances won't calculates well, so the thiangle can think that it still touch circle but that's not true.

Solving quadratic equations is not a big deal, question is how to compute coefficients, for example just even for static OBB, for sweep OBB I think is even more hard, maybe some Cubic equation, but cubic or even quadric is not a problem for computer, question is in coefficients.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement