Sign in to follow this  

CreateDialog

This topic is 3317 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im using this function in my code to create dialog boxes, yet they only showup when i do a release build, in debug mode they dont show, and i get :-
@err,hr	0x00000714 The specified image file did not contain a resource section. 	unsigned long

any ideas why they would only be working in release? is there something i should be looking for in the project settings?

mhMediaLoadingDLG =	CreateDialog( mInstance,  L"test", mhApp, MediaLoadingProc);

INT_PTR CALLBACK MediaLoadingProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{
	return 0;
}

Yes, windows right before and right after are made with the same mInstance, and there is the fact that it works in release mode.

Ive deleted both the debug and release folders, and rebuilt them both, but i get the same results.

Thanks for the suggestion though, any other ideas?

Quote:
Original post by maya18222
Its works in release mode, it doesnt work in debug, so do you mean excluded from the debug build?

but wouldnt that throw errors as it wouldnt be able to find "test"
Err yes, sorry - brainfart [smile]

"Test" is just a string, it wouldn't cause any errors if the resources weren't being compiled in, the error would show up when you call a function that tries to access the resource segment of the EXE.

This topic is 3317 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.