Sign in to follow this  
livengood

Further Education

3 years ago when I was 17 and stupid I took a leap of faith and enrolled in none other than DeVry "University". I knew that I wanted to be a software developer and loved problem solving so I put two and two together and figured I had the perfect solution. It seems I was wrong. After about a year at DeVry I realized my mistake and since then have been studying outside of class like a workhorse trying to make up for lost knowledge. I now feel semi-confident in what I have learned but with only 6 months until graduation I am unsure if I'm prepared. So the real question: Should I finish this degree and pursue another degree? Perhaps try to find a masters program that will accept me? What would you do in my exact situation? [Edited by - livengood on November 11, 2008 11:48:19 PM]

I'm not sure any of us are going to be able to offer good advice. I mean we barely know about your situation. I mean if you're starving, go get a job. If you're a trust fund baby, find a nice beach/yacht/whatever and enjoy. If you can't move to stick with a fantastic lover, sick family...

Without any other knowledge, I'd first suggest finishing the degree. It's only 6 months, and some degree at least allows you to say you've got one (or not if that helps). Beyond that... it depends.

Getting a job, ultimately, is about what you know. If you've been working to improve your skills, you should be able to get a job. With a couple years' experience, nobody will care about where you got your undergraduate degree (or what you got it in; my degree's in Cinema and Cultural Studies!)

And that kind of experience can also help you get into graduate school.

Good luck! [smile]