My first game - Need beta testers and comments

Started by
12 comments, last by one mind 15 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I finally finished an actual game with an original concept that I have wanted to do for ages. It is just a little 2D java applet game that you can play online so nothing to download. I was hoping some people would be kind enough to try it out and see if there are any bugs that i never found and maybe some comments on what you thought of it. If you have any suggestions on how i can make it more fun then please feel free to post it. If you like the game, it would be a huge favour if you sign up to that site and click the "I like it button" so I can get more hits :P Thanks all for your time. I hope you like it. Here it is: http://greenfootgallery.org/scenarios/361 [Edited by - one mind on November 12, 2008 6:13:38 AM]
Advertisement
If you pm me a link I'll have a test.
If you pm me a link I'll have a go.

Xy
Oops

Knew i forgot something :P

Here it is: http://greenfootgallery.org/scenarios/361

Thanks guys
Interesting concept!

However, were it not for the promise of a surprise at 2008 I'd have quit about a couple of hundred years. This is mainly because you can be very laissez-faire until you get near the 3000 limit, then you can simply click the over-powered and under-priced 'riot' a few times to bring the population down. If you let population grow into the upper 2000's when the century ticks over, you ensure you get lots of taxes, too.

Even when a plague epidemic broke out it seemed to rectify itself by the time the population hit 300 - so I didn't have to click any button other than riot.

Still, it was pretty funny and you've clearly put some effort into it. More importantly, you finished something, so congratulations for that!
Thanks Z.

I feel pretty much the same way about it.

It is a balancing act trying to control the population in a fun way that isnt too easy and i dont think i have found the right variable yet as far as weapons, taxes and cures go.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this concept more playable and more challenging then please let me know :)

Thanks again.
I can't get the Java to start :-
What version of Java did you use?
I used the latest but that sites uses the previous version.

Both work fine in my browser and thousands of others peoples so the problem is probably on your end.

Perhaps try upgrading the java plugin?

I have heard the opera browser has trouble with that site.
I like it, though its pretty processing intensive, and you can see your years start to slow down a bunch as you get more and more people.
Seems interesting. It wont let me put out the fires though, so I haven't really played it, except for pushing start, fast, slow, and medium.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement