Sign in to follow this  
agm_ultimatex

[web] Web development language

I am currently working on a text based card game in C++, as well as a website using Jaxer for fun and developing skills. I have been looking at jobs on monster.ca and workopolis as I graduate in a year. A lot of them tend to be more oriented around the web. A mix of java and asp.net/c#. I have done a course on java server side, which included jsp, servlets and a bit of java beans. I have done a few tutorials on asp.net before I started focusing on my jaxer website. Im just wondering what do you guys think I should focus on learning, as Id like to prepare myself as much as possible for the work force. Im thinking i'd be best to step into java, go over my book from the class, as I already know it better than asp.net. Thanks.

I personally would learn ASP.Net with C# and/or VB.NET. The first web development job I took was almost completely C#. We acquired a project that was written in VB.NET. It really just depends on the job that you get. When I first started, I didn't know any C#. I learned on VB.NET in college and had to learn C# on the job mainly from existing source code and my coworkers, both for windows development and Web.

But C# seems to be the language of choice these days for new projects, just from my experiences.