Sign in to follow this  

Exodus - Demo Release

This topic is 3318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Digital Tree Games (http://dt-games.net) present our first demo of the game Exodus. Its a vertical scroller game developed using XNA Framework 2.0. The gameplay is very simple:- Avoid the incoming obstacles and reach the end of the level, picking up health and fuel tanks along the way. There are two download links, one for those who have the necessary pre-requisites to run XNA games and the second one for those who do not. Link 1 ~ 15MB Link 2 ~ 40MB A few screenshots are available below: Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Ingame videos can be seen at Youtube. You can post your feedback at our forums. [Edited by - itsdbest on November 14, 2008 12:06:44 PM]

Thanks HolyGrail for pointing out the faulty links. And a big thank you to sirGustav for the right links. I have updated the main post with the correct links.

DarkHorizon - Thanks for those links. I guess we would need a new name for the game.

Although the links indicate that there can exist more than one game with the same name. I would like to add that our game is not for sale and does not reflect the other game plots too. If it is still an issue, we could always look out for a new name.

EDIT: I just read this article Copyrights Myths, and maybe we might have to lookout for a new name.

[Edited by - itsdbest on November 14, 2008 12:20:01 PM]

I don't think you will have to worry about the name as much as you think.

First off, Exodus is ambiguous, though there are games using them, I would be hard pressed to say that name represents any one game in particular. In fact, most people associate that word with the bible, so it will easily be classified as a "commonly used term", something which cannot be trademarked (or cannot be defended at least). Prior art basicaly.

Second off, your game appears to be unrelated to the games which he mentioned already used the term. And exodus was only the secondary term in all but the biblical themed game.

I think you are solid mate.

Sign in to follow this