Sign in to follow this  

changing character look in realtime

This topic is 3316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im working in an RPG and I have started to think how to implement a way to change character look in the game when an item (helmet, armor, etc) is equipped. I use Ogre Engine, and asked in the forums but didnt got any useful answer. As I think there should be a generic way to solve this, I decided to ask here too and see what solutions have used the more experienced. My idea was to have separate meshes for head, chest, arms and legs, and then assemble the character according to the equipped stuff. Is this right or there is a better method?

Thats what you'll have to do. Each limb has an equipment slot. Each piece of equipment is associated with a model. At Draw() time you draw the appropriate model for the limb's equippped item, applying the limb's transforms.

This topic is 3316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.