• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to translate the result of the two texture subtraction to a new texture in GLSL

This topic is 3389 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can see the right result using following source codes,but how can i use the existing texture img2 and texture img1 to generate a new texture img0 ? The two texture img2 and img1 are all 1024*1024 size. Tanks any reply! //fragment shader code uniform sampler2D img2; uniform sampler2D img1; vec4 object2 ; vec4 object1 ; object2 = texture2D(img2, gl_TexCoord[2].xy); object1 = texture2D(img1, gl_TexCoord[1].xy); gl_FragColor= object2 - object1 ; //main programe code glUseProgram(progObj); glUniform1i(uniform_img2_Location, 2); glUniform1i(uniform_img1_Location, 1); glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE); glBegin(GL_QUADS); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB,0.0f, 0.0f); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB,0.0f, 0.0f); glVertex2f(-1.0f, -1.0f); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB,1.0f, 0.0f); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB,1.0f, 0.0f); glVertex2f(1.0f, -1.0f); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB,1.0f, 1.0f); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB,1.0f, 1.0f); glVertex2f(1.0f, 1.0f); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB,0.0f, 1.0f); glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB,0.0f, 1.0f); glVertex2f(-1.0f, 1.0f); glEnd();

Advertisement
thanks V-Man ,
but I still have two quesitons

First,is it possible in fragment shader or other GLSL methods to generate my desierd texture img0.

second i will try FBO ,i will back ,then tell you my practise result

thanks again

Quote:
Original post by littleeboy
First,is it possible in GLSL to generate my desierd texture img0.

second i will try FBO
You need FBO in addition to GLSL to render to texture. GLSL always just renders to the current buffer, while the FBO extension allows you to set a texture as the current render buffer. There is no way to use GLSL to write to a bound texture sampler directly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement