Sign in to follow this  

Documenting Scripting Methods

This topic is 3321 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there. While advancing in using the Library and getting more and more familiar with it, I asked myself, how you guys document your Scripting Classes? (Classes registered). I startet making some docs outside of the library for the scripting part only and for all the special typedefs, enums I registered. What i thought, is some sort of automated output with all registerd classes and enums etc. in a special format, which can be used for documentations like doxygen. What do you think? regards

Since AngelScript is so similar in syntax to C++, you may be able to run Doxygen on it directly.

Though, for my own part I'm not a big fan of inline documentation, as it tend to polute the code. I prefer keeping the comments in the code short and consise, which is usually not enough for documentation.

Instead I feel that what I did for AngelScript works really well, where I've concentrated all the documentation in one place, and still lets me use Doxygen to provide the nice formatting and automatic references without a lot of typing. (refer to sdk/docs/doxygen/source)

Regards,
Andreas

This topic is 3321 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.