Documenting Scripting Methods

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 15 years, 5 months ago
Hi there. While advancing in using the Library and getting more and more familiar with it, I asked myself, how you guys document your Scripting Classes? (Classes registered). I startet making some docs outside of the library for the scripting part only and for all the special typedefs, enums I registered. What i thought, is some sort of automated output with all registerd classes and enums etc. in a special format, which can be used for documentations like doxygen. What do you think? regards
If you say "pls", because it is shorter than "please", I will say "no", because it is shorter than "yes"
http://nightlight2d.de/
Advertisement
Since AngelScript is so similar in syntax to C++, you may be able to run Doxygen on it directly.

Though, for my own part I'm not a big fan of inline documentation, as it tend to polute the code. I prefer keeping the comments in the code short and consise, which is usually not enough for documentation.

Instead I feel that what I did for AngelScript works really well, where I've concentrated all the documentation in one place, and still lets me use Doxygen to provide the nice formatting and automatic references without a lot of typing. (refer to sdk/docs/doxygen/source)

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement